How do I transfer a domain name out

For .uk domain names

Please get the IPS-TAG from the company you want to change to and then see the article on how to change the IPS-TAG please.

For international domains,  ie .com .net .org .biz .info

Please retrieve the auth code (there is an article on how to do this in the domains section of this knowledgebase)  Then contact your new provider and they will give you instructions on how to process the transfer including what to do with the auth code.  The process will vary slightly from company to company but once you have the auth code you are in control of the transfer process.

  • 13 Users Found This Useful
Was this answer helpful?

Related Articles

How do I change my IPS-TAG

Please note:  This only applies to domains ending in .uk IPS Tags can no longer be changed by...

How do I get my Auth Code

Please note this only applies to international domains and not to domains ending in .uk To do...

How do I update the nameservers for my domain?

To do this login to your account at Then click on the...